David Cottingham, Gabrielle Pool
24-JUN-2011 to 03-JUL-2011
Daily 12pm-6pm closed Mondays
A Painted Odyssey explores the work of two contrasting painters who seek the essence of place through their application of paint.
Gabrielle Pool is an Australia-based artist. This series of work was developed as a result of spending time with the Hamer people in Ethiopia and Maasai in Kenya. Many of her remarkably sensitive paintings incorporate ritual pigments given to her during this time.
David Cottingham’s bold lush use of paint captures the dramatic lighting of dawn and dusk in locations around the globe. His use of a rich colour palette and dynamic application produce an abstract interpretation of landscape-inspired paintings.
Art gallery | Photos, sculpture, painting | Art fairs
#CapitalCultureGallery To own work
- New bronzes by Nando Kallweit
- There’s something in the water…
- Christmas gifts from Capital Culture Gallery
- Home is where the art is
- Beguiled by the MOON
- New pieces by Nando Kallweit
- Residential – Manhattan, New York
- Residential – Wetherby, Yorkshire
- Office – Hamburg, Germany
- Residential – Greenwich, London