Laura Medler’s Continuum series was created using a modified camera which captures a continuous image across an entire length of film, exposed in a single take. This unique photographic process creates work of innovative and striking beauty. The images are housed in specially designed light boxes using LED sources reducing power consumption and heat emission.
‘Given the extensive use of photography by artists, it has become increasingly difficult to describe new work within that medium as being genuinely innovative and original. However, in the case of Laura Medler’s work, I can honestly say: ‘I’ve never seen anything like this before’. […] This is analogue photography at its most inventive by someone who is always prepared to experiment and take a risk.'[John Hilliard, London, 2006]
Art gallery | Photos, sculpture, painting | Art fairs
#CapitalCultureGallery To own work
- Finding that perfect spot for your piece of art – except this time it’s in your garden…….
- New bronzes by Nando Kallweit
- There’s something in the water…
- Christmas gifts from Capital Culture Gallery
- Home is where the art is
- Beguiled by the MOON
- New pieces by Nando Kallweit
- Residential – Manhattan, New York
- Residential – Wetherby, Yorkshire
- Office – Hamburg, Germany